It’s universally accepted that Rose’s death is the saddest thing to have happened in any book ever. Just mention it and be drowned in a swarm of tears. Don’t you dare joke about it ever you will be torn apart by a pack of savage moles
You could say you’d be met with a brick wall AHAHA
GO SIT IN THE CORNER
Why? She just rose to the occasion, that’s all. No need to stonewall her. You could she say
put in a rock solid effort.
"average mossflower otter does not support a female leader" factoid actually just statistical error. average mossflower otter supports whatever leader is sufficiently badass. Banjon Wildlough, who lives under a rock and tells his daughter she can’t be a leader despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, is a fucking moron adn should not have been counted
Man, Banjon, you loved your daughter and I wanted to like you, but you just didn’t click with me, and this didn’t help.
I feel compelled to reblog the song I accidentally named my novel project after, especially when it’s so sweet.
i’ll only make a couple of characters and they’ll all have something important to do with each others plot!
Get a giant telephoto lens.
Start zoomed all the way out.
Step back a few feet and zoom in so the object is the same size.
Or it’s witchcraft and we need to set this photographer on fire.
I have been staring at this gif for like five minutes and I still have no idea what is happening
Oh, honey, I am so sorry to hear that.
All cats have a place in the Birthday. All of them. There’s no need to even ask, because they live forever in our hearts.
I can’t tell you for sure whether she’ll forget you, but I can tell you that I had to let my Nyssa go six years ago, and sometimes I still wake up reaching for her, and I’m confused when the cats I find aren’t her. I miss her so much. I miss the way she purred, and the way she quacked, and the way she maliciously sneezed on everyone she didn’t like (which was everyone but me). I miss them all, forever, and you’re going to miss her too.
You will fall in love again. You will not love other cats in the same way, but you will love them, and it will be worth it. It is always worth it.
I miss them all, so much, forever. I love them all, so much, forever.
It was worth it. It’s always worth it.
Don’t feel bad about being scared. Fear is natural. She’s going where you can’t follow for a very long time, and we don’t know what’s there. But I know that if there is any kind of loving god in this universe, when we get to whatever “there” is, there will be cats, and dogs, and cake. And maybe a corn maze. But we shouldn’t go in there.
You have all my sympathy. Give her scritches for me. Tell her she is a good cat, and that you love her, and that you won’t blame her when she has to leave. Try not to lie. And love her. If you have a day or a decade, love her.
That’s all we can do.
[So this is something I put together for the fanfiction workshop I taught last week. The concept is shamelessly ripped off that other prompt post with the unusual words, and the words themselves are shamelessly harvested from all those “words that are impossible to translate into English” lists. I just collected the ones I thought were cool.]
- toska (Russian) a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for
- mamihlapinatapei (Yagan) the wordless, yet meaningful look shared by two people who both desire to initiate something but are both reluctant to start
- jayus (Indonesian) a joke so poorly told and so unfunny that one cannot help but laugh
- fernweh (German) being homesick for a place you’ve never been
- tartle (Scottish) the act of hestitating while introducing someone because you’ve forgotten their name
- cafuné (Brazillian Portuguese) the act of tenderly running one’s fingers through someone’s hair
- mokita (New Guinean) the truth everyone knows but nobody says
- wabi-sabi (Japanese) finding beauty within the imperfections of life and accepting peacefully the natural cycle of growth and decay
- dépaysement (French) the feeling that comes from not being in one’s home country
- schadenfreude (German) the feeling of pleasure at seeing another’s misfortune
- tingo (Pascuense) the act of taking objects one desires from the house of a friend by gradually borrowing all of them
- l’appel du vide (French) the instinctive urge to jump from high places
- embasan (Maguindanaoan) to wear clothes while taking a bath
- duende (Spanish) the mysterious power that a work of art has to deeply move a person
- saudade (Portuguese) the feeling of longing for something or someone that you love and which is lost
- boketto (Japanese) the act of gazing vacantly into the distance without thinking
- hygge (Danish) the pleasant, genial, and intimate feeling associated with sitting around a fire in the winter with close friends
- pochemuchka (Russian) a person who asks too many questions
- packesel (German) the person who’s stuck carrying everyone else’s bags on a trip
- ayurnamat (Inuit) the philosophy that there is no reason to worry about the things that can’t be changed
- cavoli riscaldati (Italian) the result of attempting to revive an unworkable relationship
Ahoy, fellow tag-dwellers, ‘tis Talk Like A Pirate Day! In its honour, let us exchange scuttlebutt about how awesome searats are.
Aye, indeed, friend, indeed; I’d be willin’ to partake in some pirate talk, particularly concernin’ searats or the like.